Tuesday 18 October 2011

No More Comedy - Priyadarshan

Director Priyadarshan, who made Malayalis roll over laughing, says he does not intend to do any more comedy flick in Malayalam. After a long gap of seven years Priyan is back with  'Arabiyum Ottakavum P.Madhavan Nairum',which is a typical Priyan film with Mohan Lal in the lead and shocks by his words , "To be frank, I had never ever intended to return to Mollywood with a fun flick like this one. And I tell you, this will be my very last fun film in Malayalam." 

But, why?

"In fact, I always wanted to make my return to Mollywood quite memorable. I had rather serious cinema in mind and had even started researching on it. But, the response I received for the project, through social network sites, was far from encouraging. I realised that people still wanted those trademark full-time comedy films from me. I yielded to the demand and here is 'Arabiyum Ottakavaum P.Madhavan Nayarum'.

The film is unique in many ways. The Priyan-Lal magic that has done wonders at box office is back, and so is the team that propelled Mohanlal into Malayalam film industry.

"So, never expect this one to be a solemn film with a message delivered at the end. It is a wholesome entertainer that deals with four days in Madhavan Nair's life. Its a fun pack, just relax and enjoy Lal's Madhavan Nair," adds Priyan.

This one is Priyan's eighty third film. Ask about those successful Bollywood films under his belt and Priyan tells about the unique mix that clicks well in B-town. "Word for word Hindi remake of a regional film is sure to get tanked in Bollywood", says the ace director. "Take the gist of the story and get it rebuilt in a totally different atmosphere that you think best suits Bollywood."

The perfectionist in Priyan prevents him from seeing own films once it hit screens, "Somehow, when I see them again, I feel that they could have been a lot better."

No comments:

Post a Comment